LEAF XCEED Music Division – This Is Not A Song, This Is An Update
Greetings to all. It’s been some time since I last said anything about LEAF XCEED Music Division, so this time I’m making this blog post to address those issues people may have with regards to LEAF XCEED Music Division’s status. 🙂
Life has been difficult. Things have been harsh. Academically, emotionally, and even with regards to this. But one thing I’ve been really longing for is to finally get back on track with LEAF XCEED Music Division, as most of you already come here to expect. and I’ve had so many projects lined up plus some new ones that came to mind that I want to let you guys know of. In fact, this post will have never before publicized specific information about what’s going to happen in the future, so I hope you’ll like it 😀
Let’s first discuss the matter at hand that most people have probably grown tired of waiting for; the final compilation release of Website Releases II. I’ve been delaying it for quite some time now, and I deeply apologize to anyone who has been waiting for it. One thing I will promise though is that we WILL see its release this December. It will be out before the end of 2011. Like the original it will have all Website Releases II songs plus an even heftier bonus pack.
Why? It won’t just have betas of unreleased songs, it’ll have an EP that never had the opportunity for release. Hell, it was finished between 2009 and 2010. Heard of it or not on this blog before, it goes under the name of “Soundtrack Of The Underground”, an EP in order to arrange the more seriously obscure video game tracks that never were arranged in a certain fashion before (…like, say, video game metal the XCEED way, lol). Around 17 minutes, it has remixes from both recent and obscure consoles, the obscure one specifically being notable for the console in question is the TurboGrafx-16. All this exclusive only to the final package of Website Releases II, amongst some other bonuses. Makes it more appealing 😄
Next. Discussion now falls on what happens next after the end of the Website Releases series. I would’ve continued with Website Releases III if I wasn’t already aiming for anything higher. I plan to be more EP-centric when it comes to small releases instead of just single tracks; Soundtrack To The Underground being an example of what I plan to do. Short, 3+ song EPs all having a central theme.
Currently, here’s my list of planned or ideal EPs in no particular order:
1. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 1 & 2 EP
– Might as well, right? I’ve already done one, and it ended up being a landmark remix that started many things for me. And the soundtrack is awesome.
2. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic EP
– Yup, you heard me. A My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic remix EP. Maybe I’m not extremely into it like a lot of others, but I am nonetheless a legitimate supporter of the show, and will not hesitate to give my own twist on Daniel Ingram‘s creations. Specifically Cutie Mark Crusaders.
3. Valkyrie Profile EP
– This idea’s quite new, but is my top priority as of writing. This is a Valkyrie Profile remix EP, and my first attempt at tackling Motoi Sakuraba‘s time signatures. Oh wait, second. You’ll understand why it’s the second once you get Soundtrack Of The Underground. The man’s compositions for this game are filled with so much power (especially that boss theme), and when I heard them I just knew they would work so well with my remixing style and would thus be my next priority right after finishing up Website Releases II.
As of now, those are all my more concrete plans for EPs. Now for the more full-fledged album-type releases. These will probably be prioritized much less than the easier EPs, but nonetheless are planned:
1. Original Album
– The original album of video game power metal and otherwise compositions that’s been planned for a long time now. Around two to three finished songs. I will most likely take a long time to even get to work on this again 😄
2. Original MIDI Album
– Once upon a time, LEAF XCEED Music Division was LEAF Music Division with a whole lot of original MIDI compositions that were so full of melodies and ideas never heard of before. Majority of them, at least. Unless you’re the type of person who has everything I’ve ever made, and I doubt any of you are 😄 This will be a “two disc” album, with the second CD containing the works rendered in MIDI as they originally were, and the first being my new take on them as LEAF XCEED Music Division. I’d like to work on this more than the Original Album, and also because most of the songs have been done years ago. Don’t get me wrong though; I’m sure the sound of this album will be a dynamic change compared to my recent works that makes me wish I was 14 again.
3. Mega Man X Remix Soundtrack
– Have I mentioned this? I’m remixing the entire Mega Man X soundtrack … as in, all of it. The game has always had a special place for me since it was one of the first SNES games with a really beautiful soundtrack that I couldn’t forget. Inspired by a certain Reddit post somewhere that’s since been archived. But yes, I will credit the guy.
UGH. GOD. I ended up typing a lot more than the actual update post I made before. But I guess that just goes to show just how much I’ve got lined up for the world to hear. So many plans, so many things to do, but all of them have to be done step by step!
At least this time, you guys have an idea of what you’re gonna get from LEAF XCEED Music Division then. I’m gonna finish my soundtrack work, finish Website Releases II and get ready to keep moving forward. The world’s not gonna wait for me? I’ll catch up. Maybe even one day surpass it, and I will have all the listeners to thank. 🙂